Data Engineer (SQL) – Junior
Are you looking for a technical role with lots of room for your input, want to learn how to work with database technology and are you interested in the real estate world? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
ValueMetrics is a progressive, young and enthusiastic organization that supports housing corporations in their task as stewards of the social housing stock in the Netherlands.
We are intrinsically motivated, productive and take responsibility. We work with short lines, like to change gear quickly, pursue ideas and have a result-oriented ‘can-do’ mentality. We work from our core competencies and with a clear focus, but always have knowledge of one of the other areas within the company as well. In this way we stimulate our personal growth and are able to work together intensively. We combine this commitment with a relaxed culture, where motivation, ideas and results are valued more than years of experience, status or job title.
What do we do?
We help housing associations make the best real estate decisions for the future. We underpin our advice and guidance with data (analysis) to facilitate smart, efficient and future-oriented decision-making by housing corporations. ValueMetrics’ services, products and applications are primarily focused on ‘connection’, because we believe that knowledge exchange and transparency are necessary aspects for the housing corporation sector. We support corporations with their asset management and valuation challenges. We do this by developing software and benchmarks, by organizing knowledge exchange platforms and by giving advice. Our software products are available through our SaaS platform and contain the actual data of over one million rental properties in the Netherlands, supplemented with demographic and geographical (open) data.
What will you be doing?
As a junior Data Engineer you will work on the core of our products. These are strongly data driven so we make the choice to implement a lot of logic in the SQL and Python based data streams.
Typically, you will discuss the desired functionality with the Business Analyst in the development team (which also includes e.g. a Web Developer and Tableau Developer). Together with your Senior colleague, you understand the question and translate it into a working solution under supervision. You model the data flow and implement the business logic in stored procedures, views and functions.
Of course you will get the space to look for solutions yourself and you will get more and more responsibility.
You will learn to write structured SQL, and develop a feeling for performance and reusability. In addition to SQL development as a core competence, you will want to broaden your profile. Think for example of setting up data flows in Python, or setting up APIs for our NodeJS based web apps.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a young professional with a relevant education at HBO or WO level (e.g. computer science, technical business administration)
- You already have some experience with SQL-based tech, you are analytical, with an eye for detail and you think in solutions
- You consider yourself a ‘go-getter’ and like to work customer- and result-oriented
- You at at your best in a small team, where your opinion matters
- A young and dynamic work environment with lots of room for growth
- Me-time, time for experimental projects that you can fill with your own ideas
- The possibility for flexible working hours within a 32-40 hour workweek
- A steep learning curve, through our guidance and a development plan tailored together with you
- A home workplace that is just as good as the one at the office
- Competitive terms of employment
Are you interested?
Would you like to apply, or do you have questions about us or the vacancy? Please contact Willem Scherphof at email@example.com or 06-29340121. We would like to receive your CV and motivation.
ACQUISITIE NAAR AANLEIDING VAN DEZE VACATURE WORDT NIET OP PRIJS GESTELD.