Data Science student job
Are you a Computer/Data Science/AI student, do you have an affinity for web development, a passion for data and technology and are you interested in the real estate world? Then we are looking for you!
Who are we?
ValueMetrics is a progressive, young and enthusiastic organization that guides housing corporations in their task as stewards of the social housing stock in the Netherlands.
We are intrinsically motivated, productive and take responsibility. We work with short lines, like to change gear quickly, pursue ideas and have a result-oriented ‘can-do’ mentality. We work from our core competencies and with a clear focus, but always have knowledge of one of the other areas within the company as well. In this way we stimulate our personal growth and are able to work together intensively. We combine this commitment with a relaxed culture, where motivation, ideas and results are valued more than years of experience, status or job title
What do we do?
We help housing associations make the best real estate decisions for the future. We support our advice and guidance with data (analysis) to facilitate smart, efficient and future-oriented decision-making by housing corporations. ValueMetrics’ services, products and applications are primarily aimed at ‘connection’, because we believe that knowledge exchange and transparency are necessary aspects for the housing corporation sector. We support corporations with their asset management and valuation challenges. We do this by developing software and benchmarks, by organizing knowledge exchange platforms and by giving advice. Our software products are available through the SaaS platform Valuemetrics Portal and contain the actual data of over one million rental properties in the Netherlands, supplemented with demographic and geographical (open) data
What will you do?
Your focus will be on developing on the Python applications we build in-house. These include applications for photo recognition, advanced mathematical models, data integration and web scraping. We combine Python with our ‘extensions’, web applications that we program ourselves in Node.js and other components (from e.g. Tableau and SQL Server) to create SaaS solutions for our customers. You will have ample opportunity to gain knowledge of the various tools and languages, so that you can work on a variety of projects. In the execution of your tasks you will be given a high degree of responsibility and autonomy, in which you will be well coached by an experienced colleague.
Who are we looking for?
- You are a HBO/WO student with a link to IT/Software development
- You are available for at least 12 hours a week, flexible in your schedule
- You have affinity with programming and use Python regularly
- You are analytically strong and you like to think in solutions
- You consider yourself a go-getter and you are customer and result oriented
- You feel like a fish in the water in a small team, where your opinion counts too
- A young and dynamic work environment with sufficient variation and guidance
- On the job training and personal coaching
- The possibility for flexible working hours
- A home office workspace that is just as good as the one at the office
- Competitive terms of employment
- The possibility to continue to grow within our organization after your work-study period
Are you interested?
Would you like to apply, or do you have questions about us or the vacancy? Please contact Willem Scherphof at firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-29340121. We would like to receive your CV and motivation.
ACQUISITIE NAAR AANLEIDING VAN DEZE VACATURE WORDT NIET OP PRIJS GESTELD.